Vancouver, BC’s property assessment agency has released it’s latest valuations. Homes on the West side of Vancouver continue to dominate the list that has more than a few expensive homes.
Residential properties in the city of Vancouver, BC had an average increase of 5.63 per cent, down sharply from the year before — with many single-family homes in the city’s West side decreasing by 5 per cent to 10 per cent.
The assessments are done based on what B.C. Assessment determines the value of the home was on July 1 of the previous year.
The Top 5 Most Expensive Houses in Vancouver, Canada
1. Former Lululemon CEO Chip Wilson’s Point Grey Road mansion topped the list of most valuable properties in B.C. in recent years, and is now worth more than $75 million according to B.C. Assessment. (Google Earth) At $78.8 million, Wilson’s Kitsilano mansion only increased by $3 million from its 2017 valuation figure, after going up nearly $12 million in the previous assessment.
2. At $71.8 million, 4707 Belmont Ave., near the beach at Spanish Banks, continues in the runner-up spot. (Google Maps)
3. At $54.4 million, the isolated and extravagant James Island continues to be the most expensive private island in the province. The property includes one main residence, about six guest homes, an 18-hole golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus and a private airstrip. It has been listed for sale in recent years, but is no longer on the market. At $54,433,000, James Island is B.C.’s most valuable acreage. (Google Maps)
4. At $45.9 million, 2815 Point Grey Road. Similar to Belmont Avenue, homes on Point Grey Road dominate the lists of the province’s most expensive residences with 19 of them listed in Greater Vancouver’s 100 priciest properties, to be exact.At $46.7 million, 4719 Belmont Avenue is one of 19 properties on the nine-block street to make the list of Greater Vancouver’s top 100 properties, making it one of B.C.’s most exclusive roads. While the road may look unassuming, the 4700 block of Belmont Avenue contains four of British Columbia’s 10 most expensive properties, and eight homes valued at more than $25 million. (Google Streetview)
5. The fifth most expensive home in B.C. has a pool overlooking English Bay, and has no less than four separate parks within a block of its front door. (Google Streetview)
If you experiencing difficulty making your mortgage payments each month, experiencing difficulty selling your property, If you need to sell your house fast for cash or if you just need relief from your real estate situation for any reason, work with local companies that buy houses and pay cash.
GVC Property Solutions Inc. (GVCPS), is a well-established real estate investment Company that buys houses quickly in any price range, in any condition and in any location in Vancouver, BC.
GVCPS has earned a reputation for fair dealing with 25 years of experience, handling hundreds of purchase situations, helping clients facilitate a non-stressful real estate transaction that benefit all parties involved.
Contact GVCPS to discuss what solutions they can provide to your real estate situation. GVCPS provides Free consultation to discuss the different options that are available to you. Their office is available 7 days per week from 9:00 am until 8:00 pm 604-812-3718. You can also contact GVCPS 24 hours a day through their Confidential Contact Form (click here).